Planning for Spring’s 2023 Market
Right after Thanksgiving, the numbers of new listings and of listings going into contract usually plunge to their annual lows. Still, buying and selling continues, though at reduced levels, and this can be an excellent time for buyers to aggressively negotiate prices. An increasing percentage of sellers, especially in higher price segments, pull homes off market to await the new year, or early spring. Many listings taken off market in November and December will presumably be relisted in Q1 2023.
In regards to the market and timing, here are a few thoughts to consider:
- The best selling season in San Francisco is only three months from now. Buyer activity picks up as early as February and the spring market lasts through until May. Now is the time to start planning.
- If you have long-term tenants, plan your timeline to include your 60 day notice to them.
- Interest rates going down the last couple of weeks and mortgage applications were up 2.2% last week.
Fast Project Management Services:
Spring 2023 is the next big real estate selling season. A custom selling strategy can sell your condo for the highest price possible. Minor improvements such as new white paint and new neutral toned flooring can brighten up photos of your condo in property searches on a real estate website. Typically, luxury condo buyers are looking for turnkey properties and all it takes is one beauty shot to capture their attention online.
I have contractors that specialize in condo restoration and are insured to work in luxury condo buildings. If you live outside of San Francisco, I am here in South Beach to personally manage the entire sale of your condo from start to finish. The following services can be arranged on an expedited timeline:
- Packing and moving support
- New paint
- Floor refinishing and installs
- Carpet cleaning in installs
- Condo deep cleaning
- Window shade repair
- Sliding glass door cleaning
- New light fixture installation
- New appliance delivery and installation
- Staging and floor plan layout
Robyn’s Record Sales, Even In This Market
Take advantage of the best prices for the condos that I have sold in 2023 at The Metropolitan
Current Averages for all sales at The Metropolitan (past 3 months)
- Average Sales Price 2 Bedroom : $1,171,000
- Average Sales Price 1 Bedroom : $835,000
- Days on market: 44
- PPSF: $1,167