As we navigate this Pandemic, I hope you and your loved ones are staying vigilant and safe! While we have completed the ‘sprint’, we still have a marathon ahead of us. But, out of all tragic events, great changes emerge. Here are 5 opportunities of positive change we can build on in our everyday lives:
1. Cleanliness: Our awareness of hygiene is forever improved. Cleaning surfaces, Muni, Bart, restaurants, sidewalks, etc, more consistently? Bring it on! Who won’t benefit from a cleaner environment?
2. Less pollution levels: Was the Spring of 2020 brighter and clearer? YES. This “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity presented by the coronavirus crisis can correct the course of greenhouse gas emissions. In fact, California is now the first place in the world to mandate zero-emission trucks by 2045.
3. A LOCAL renaissance. Locally sourced EVERYTHING does not require lengthy delivery times. Locally sourced items can avoid future supply-chain disruptions.
4. The Villagization of our world: Walkable and easily drive-able towns, cities and communities will expand. Everything you may want or need should be accessible within 15 minutes of your home.
5. Greener cities! Around the world, a wide range of projects to green the facades and roofs of urban buildings have been developed. Expect cities and towns to green up more as vegetation cleans the air and improves quality of life overall. And reduces stress.
An Etiquette Guide to Dining During a Pandemic
Restauranteurs were asked for their top tips on how to navigate, as a diner, this new normal.