Chase Center / Thrive City
The Golden State Warriors Chase Center
Mission Bay is about to get lit up! Many of my clients see this pleasant neighborhood as a suburb of downtown San Francisco. A laid-back respite to come home to, Mission Bay is just across the channel from edgy SoMa and the bustling Transbay district. It is like a soft-spoken counterpart to its perky neighbors when it comes to bars, restaurants, and walkability. But with The Golden State Warriors and Chase Center coming to the neighborhood, the $1.4 billion dollar venture comes with more than just a basketball stadium. A new district is evolving around Chase Arena and is being named Thrive City. This new area in Mission Bay combines the ideas of wellness, being outdoors, creative inspiration and fitness into one master plan that not only benefits basketball fans but residents and workers in the surrounding area.
Dubbed “Thrive City”, this partnership between The Warriors and Kaiser aims to provide Mission Bay with amenity-rich cultural and outdoor offerings. Check them out:
- 5.5-acre park along the eastern shoreline and waterfront
- The Gatehouse – The entrance to Chase Arena with outdoor seating and meeting area for Warriors fans
- The Spanish Steps – An architecturally-designed outdoor amphitheater that looks towards Chase Arena
- Video board with open space for movie nights, community event screenings
- A proposed 142-room hotel and up to 25 upper-floor condos
- Office Tower – Uber already signed a 20-year lease.
Walking Times From Mission Bay’s Residential Buildings
- 5 minute walk from Madrone
- 5 minute walk from Radiance
- 15 minute walk from Arden
- 15 minute walk from One Mission Bay